EMC offers the following services:
- Sizing of mills for expansions, retrofits and new plant
- Performance analysis, sizing and benchmarking of mills and milling circuits
- Analysis of milling and flotation laboratory, pilot and plant data
- Simulation, sizing and optimisation of flotation plant
- Flowsheet development
- Metallurgical plant audits
- Optimisation of milling and flotation process and plant performance
- Input into studies from pre-feasibility to bankable status in collaboration with process engineering andproject management companies
- Metallurgical and optimisation training seminars for milling and flotation
EMC Mode of Operation:
EMC works as part of the clients’ designated team. Most commonly EMC contracts directly with the client, but when required by the client, EMC contracts with the process engineering or project management company. In all cases EMC remains technically responsible to the client and functionally responsible to the clients’ appointed project management.
EMC does not maintain laboratory facilities and does not normally conduct test work unless the particular situation demands it, although supervision of test work is often done. Due to Stock Exchange reporting requirements test work for Greenfields and Brownfields projects is almost always conducted by a recognised and accredited laboratory. EMC has close ties with Mintek (South Africa) (www.mintek.co.za), and SGS Lakefield (South Africa and Canada) (www.met.sgs.com) and Venmyn Deloitte (South Africa) (www.venmyndeloitte.com). Plant optimisation and audit analysis are executed in conjunction with the client’s facilities on-site.